The incumbent in this position is responsible for supervising the daily activities of the Security Department on assigned shift.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Supervise, train, and evaluate security staff to ensure employees receive necessary guidance to accomplish established objectives in accordance with departmental standards.
- Ensure proper arrest procedures and detainment techniques are carried out in violations of civil or company laws or procedures; assists various local, state, and federal authorities in various activities and investigations to ensure that procedures and laws are observed.
- Maintain all current information on cheats, thieves, vagrants, etc. to ensure the protection of company assets, patrons, and employees; develops and maintains communications law enforcement agencies and security personnel of other casinos to relay security information.
- Resolve customer complaints and ensures that all areas of proper customer service area adhered too.
- Provide support to departmental management in the event of troublesome terminations, thefts, investigations, and procedures as requested.
- Handle all drug testing procedures and employee contact as needed, assuring that Hard Rock Hotel & Casino maintains its procedures and liability issues.
- Conduct training classes on various topics such as CPR, Fire Fighting & Response, First-Aid, and general security procedures to ensure the security and protection of assets, patrons/guests and employees.
- Ensure that all proper procedures for Games Department are correctly implemented and maintained, i.e., fills, credits, transfers, pit boxes, drops, etc.
Must have ability to:
- Spend majority of shift on the casino floor and hotel property, and is subject to varying levels of crowds, noise levels, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
- Communicate effectively at all times, with customers as well as all levels of employees.
- Read and write legible reports.
- Identify and quickly respond to potential problems and conflicts and defend self and others in combative situations.
- Lift, push and pull drop boxes and money carts, and be able to assist sick or injured customers and employees.
- Exposure to varying weather conditions. Jacket provided.
Basic knowledge of Iowa civil and criminal laws. Knowledge and understanding of electronic, video and alarm functions. Knowledge and understanding of Iowa laws concerning powers of arrest. The skills necessary for effective performance within this position are typically acquired through the completion of a high school education, or equivalent, as well as through three years of direct Security Supervisory experience. Valid driver’s license required.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management