The incumbent in this position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the casino and food and beverage audit to ensure accurate information for recording and reporting of revenue and related expenses.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Hire, motivate, evaluate, and supervise staff in order to ensure that employee receives adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established department objectives.
2. Assist with the daily auditing, processing and recording of revenue and expenses in order to ensure that all work is coordinated properly with subordinates and completed on a timely basis.
Ensures that all monthly, quarterly and annual entries and reports are accurate and balanced. Investigates any problems or discrepancies. Day to day direct supervision of the following audits:
2. Food & Beverage
4. Table Games
6. Box office
7. Rock Shop
3. Develop and maintain current audit procedures and audit programs and makes recommendations for improvements.
4. Review work of audit staff to ensure that daily audit of information is accurate, timely and in compliance with all regulations and company policies.
5. Anticipates ongoing changes, problems and opportunities in order to maintain effective systems and procedures.
6. Represent functional area with department customers to resolve problems and obtain information.
Must have ability to:
• Use a computer keyboard, 10-key, etc.
• Communicate effectively with all levels of employees as well as outside vendors.
• Observe and direct actions of subordinates
• Review, comprehend and respond to all departmental documentation.
Understanding of revenue audit functions. Knowledge of regulatory requirements. Effective communication skills. Proficiency with personal computers and spreadsheet software needed. These skills are typically acquired through a B.A. in Business or Accounting and two years related experience. Previous supervisory experience required.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City
• Ability to obtain Iowa Racing Gaming Commission (IRGC) license, arranged for by employer upon offer of employment.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management