The incumbent in this position is responsible for performing cleaning duties, as directed by the Environmental Services Supervisor, throughout the property.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all-inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Carpet Maintenance
a) Vacuums and sweeps.
b) Remove stains, gum and debris.
2. Window Maintenance
a) Clean all glass and mirrors in assigned areas.
b) Clean all slot machine signage in assigned areas.
c) Clean all overhead brass.
3. Office Maintenance
a) Clean walls, ceilings, vents, lights and fixtures in office areas.
b) Clean glass and mirrors in office areas.
c) Clean and polishes brass in office areas.
d) Porter pans, vacuums and spot clean carpets.
e) Vacuum and dusts furniture.
f) Remove trash from receptacles.
4. Rest Room Maintenance
a) Clean sinks, toilets, urinals and counters.
b) Sweeps and mops hard floors.
c) Polish mirrors, stainless steel and chrome.
d) Clean walls, ceilings, lights, and vents, doors and partitions.
e) Fill paper and soap dispensers.
f) Empty trash receptacles.
5. General Maintenance
a) Clean walls, ceilings, lights and fixtures.
b) Clean glass and mirrors.
c) Clean and polishes brass.
d) Empty trash receptacles.
e) Clean counters, tables, chairs and railings.
f) Dust furniture.
g) Sweep and mop floors.
h) Clean slot machine bases.
i) Clean gaming tables.
j) Empty dirty linen containers.
a) Operate and maintain all types of cleaning equipment.
b) Properly executes the 10/5, 1st - last core standard.
Must have ability to:
• Work in varying levels of crowds, noise, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon where stationed and customer volume.
• Work with various types of chemicals, proper precautions are taken.
• Occasionally works outside and is subject to all weather conditions. Proper clothing is provided.
• Effectively and efficiently move around work area.
• Inspect and clean areas of responsibility.
• Use ladders, as well as clean ground level areas.
• Lift and move up to 100 pounds on an as needed basis; ability to lift and move between 10 and 20 pounds frequently throughout shift.
• Transport all supplies to and from work areas.
Prior janitorial experience preferred but not required. The skills necessary of this position are typically acquired through a minimum of 2 months on the job training or through related experience.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.