This is a full-time position starting at $6.50 per hour plus daily tips
The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing excellent customer service while preparing beverages for guests and servers.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Prepare cocktails for cocktail servers and guests of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City using prescribed recipes.
2. Maintain company funds and equipment in an orderly manner.
3. Interact with guests in a manner which makes them feel comfortable and welcome.
4. Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
5. Assist in the delegation of duties to barbacks.
6. Monitor proper par levels of all supplies at assigned bars.
7. Communicate any problems or situations detrimental to property to immediate supervisor.
8. Responsible for the security and accuracy of assigned bank and is accountable for any and all overages and shortages.
Must have ability to:
• Work in environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
• Communicate effectively at all times, with customers as well as all levels of employees.
• Observe and direct actions of barbacks and to inspect and maintain areas for which responsible.
• Distinguish between different denominations of currency and make change.
• Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
• Use the equipment associated with the position, including but not limited to cash register and all bar equipment.
• Effectively and efficiently move around bar area.
• Retrieve supplies and maintain a clean working area.
• Communicate effectively with customers as well as all levels of employees.
Must be 21 years of age. Knowledge of and ability to mix a wide variety of drinks.
The skills and abilities necessary for effective performance within this position are typically acquired through five (5) years bartending or similar experience or through progressive promotion and training within the Beverage department.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.