This is a full-time position starting at $10.00 per hour
The incumbent in this position is responsible for washing dishes, pots, etc., and ensuring their cleanliness.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Clean floors, floor mats; drains, sweeps and mops all major traffic areas of kitchen.
2. Clean kettles, ovens, hoods, fryers, flat top broiler, and spider top all built in equipment
3. and equipment too large for the pot sinks or dishes machine.
4. Polish all stainless steel in kitchen area.
5. Responsible for use and knowledge of several chemicals. Must use protective gloves and eyewear periodically throughout shift.
6. Keep work area (floor, machine, shelving, carts, etc.) clean at all times.
Must have ability to:
• Operate in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of cold, heat, noise and vibration. Incumbent is subject to hazards such as wet floors. Proper precautions are taken.
• Effectively and efficiently move around work area.
• Stand for majority of shift.
• Inspect all work performed.
• Lift and move of up to 50 pounds and move loads of up to 100 pounds so as to be able to restock all items as needed.
• Sort all silverware as needed.
The skills necessary for this position are typically acquired through two months of on the job training or through related experience.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.