The incumbent in this position is responsible for proficiently dealing multiple table games on a rotational basis, providing prompt, accurate, and courteous dealing service to players in accordance with standard procedures, maintaining the integrity of the game and explaining aspects of the games to players unfamiliar with game rules. This is a part-time position.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Deal multiple games on a rotational basis, depending on training and acquired proficiency, so as to meet client demand, protect game integrity, and allow others to obtain game proficiency, as determined by management.
2. Provide prompt, accurate, and courteous service to players, utilizing the highest degree of technical skill in dealing the game while adhering to established standard policies and procedures.
3. Explain aspects of the games to gaming patrons as requested.
4. Process all cash and maintains proper handling and accounting for assigned property items.
5. Maintain familiarity with other gaming and entertainment/service activities in order to provide information and respond to patrons.
6. Maintain an intimate and sound understanding of all standards, policies and procedures, including general policies and procedures of the Games department; and those particular to each game in which the dealer provides service.
Must have ability to:
• Stand for 60 minutes at a time on a carpeted floor, hardwood floor, or footstool.
• Reach across a table that is waist high to give and take the player’s cards and wagers.
• Deal cards, which involve sweeping arm motions from side to side.
• Finger dexterity so as to be able to shuffle and deal cards.
• See and read so as to be able to identify cards and pay and collect bets.
• Communicate effectively and maintain positive customer relations at all times.
• Provide adequate games protection at all times
• Deal multiple games on a rotational basis, depending on training and acquired proficiency, so as to meet client demand, protect game integrity, and allow others to obtain game proficiency, as determined by management.
• Demonstrate proficiency in dealing and having games knowledge of a minimum of Black Jack.
• Perform basic mathematical functions
Must possess professionalism and ability to handle high levels of stress. Must be flexible with all different schedules. Days-off and shift may be subject to change during employment dependent on company need. Must be able to work overtime when needed. This position spends majority of the shift on the casino floor, and is subject to varying levels of crowds, noise levels, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management