This is a full-time position starting at $12.00 per hour
The incumbent in this position is responsible for assisting in the daily activities of the Security Department, on assigned shifts, in accordance with Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City corporate policy and Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission regulations.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Assist in directing employees in the security process. Ensure Officers perform duties properly and efficiently.
2. At times will cover a Supervisors days off or in the capacity of a Supervisor to assist the shift.
3. Following the 18 performance categories of a (new) Security Officer ensure that each new Officer successfully meets the skills needed in those performance categories.
4. Assist the Supervisors in maintaining thorough training records on Officers in training.
5. Continually evaluate new officers during and after training phases and coordinate communication with Security Shift Managers, Supervisors and the Director of Security on the progress of the trainees.
6. Make recommendations for new training or regular in-service training
7. Safeguard Assets.
8. Knows and performs all Security functions and regular duties of a Security Officer.
9. Establishes teamwork within department and with other departments.
10. Other duties as assigned.
11. Provide exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers.
12. Patrols property (casino, hotel, parking lot and golf course) and ensures the safety of employees and guests.
13. Responds to emergencies as needed
14. Performs 1st aid, CPR and AED as needed; maintains certification in these areas
15. Notifies local police department when backup is necessary.
16. Conducts money transfers
17. Conducts table fills/credits
18. Performs drops as assigned
19. Performs all posts assigned
20. Writes incidents reports as assigned
21. May be required to work overtime
Must have ability to:
• Spend majority of shift on the casino floor and hotel property, and is subject to varying levels of crowds, noise levels, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon guest volume.
• Communicate effectively at all times, with guests as well as all levels of Team Members.
• Read and write legible reports.
• Observe and direct actions of Team Members and guests.
• Move around facility and respond to situations in an effective and efficient manner.
• Identify and quickly respond to potential problems and conflicts and defend self, guests and Team Members in combative situations.
• Lift, push and pull drop boxes and money carts, and be able to assist sick or injured guests and Team Members.
• Exposure to varying weather conditions. Jacket provided.
Basic knowledge of Iowa civil and criminal laws. Knowledge and understanding of electronic, video and alarm functions. Knowledge and understanding of Iowa laws concerning powers of arrest. The skills necessary for effective performance within this position are typically acquired through the completion of a high school education, or equivalent, as well as through two years progressive experience in Security operations. Supervisory experience preferred. Valid driver’s license required with a clean driving record.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Ability to obtain Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission license arranged for by employer upon offer of employment.
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Team Member’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management