The incumbent in this position is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and appropriateness of main bank transactions and office activity, while conducting transactions with cashier office personnel and other departments.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Monitors and coordinates activities of cage personnel, such as chip exchange on assigned shift to maintain integrity of cage funds.
2. Works with high limit customers to ensure they are provided with prompt, courteous and friendly service.
3. Verifies all funds received and disbursed to other departments and line cashiers.
4. Processes fills and credits from games and slots.
5. Ensures accurate records and documenting of all transactions affecting the cashier cage accountability on an assigned shift.
6. Prepares daily bank deposits.
7. Disburses and receives all departmental revenues.
8. Functions as a Casino Cashier during shift.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Ability to communicate effectively at all times with all levels of employees.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently move around the main bank, employee bank and coin vault.
• Ability to use computer keyboard, 10-key, calculator, etc.
• Ability to accurately identify and cash different denominations of gaming tokens and cash currency.
• Must be able to retrieve and move coin bags and racks of chips, which may weigh as much as 50 pounds, throughout 8 hour shift.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINES USED
Adding machines, Jetsort machine, personal computer programs.
1. Knowledge of all levels of cage operations. Ability to perform basic mathematical functions. Prior supervisor experience helpful but not required.
2. Thorough knowledge of gaming control regulations. This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through a minimum of six months cashiering or banking experience.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.