The incumbent in this position is responsible for repairing mechanical, electrical, and plumbing equipment.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Maintains and repairs refrigerator equipment.
2. Maintains and repairs boilers.
3. Maintains and repairs electrical equipment.
4. Maintains and repairs plumbing equipment.
5. Maintains and repairs HVAC.
6. May work with locks and keys throughout the property.
This position operates in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of cold, heat, and vibration. Proper precautions are taken. Subject to varying levels of noise, crowds and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume. Required to work in elevated places inside and outside of the building such as lampposts and parking structures and enclosed areas such as boilers, HVAC duct areas and attic spaces. At times, subjected to hazards such as the dangers associated with the use of basic hand and power tools and testing equipment.
Occasionally works outside and is subject to all weather conditions. Proper clothing is provided.
Ability to communicate effectively at all times, with customers as well as all levels of employees.
Ability to observe and direct actions of subordinates, and inspect and maintain areas for which responsible.
Able to review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
Ability to use all equipment associated with the position, including but not limited to basic hand and power tools and testing equipment.
Ability to effectively and efficiently move around work areas including lampposts, parking structures, boilers, HVAC duct areas, and attic space.
Knowledge of refrigeration, boilers, and HVAC.
Operating knowledge of basic hand and power tools.
Must know practical application skills.
Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
Must be able to walk long distances.
These skills and abilities necessary are typically acquired through a minimum of five years’ experience as an Engineer or through an A.A. degree in Engineering or related field.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.