The incumbent in this position is responsible for greeting customers, conducting cash register transactions, will call, ticket purchases, stocking sales floor, maintaining a clean working environment and assisting guests with their needs.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Facilitate retail sales including customer assistance and follow up.
2. Operate cash register and handles money.
3. Clean and maintain the appearance of all merchandise and customer areas.
4. Respond to customer inquiries and their requests.
5. Follow established procedures regarding merchandising.
Must be able to:
• Use all equipment associated with the position, including but not limited to cash register, 10-key adding machine and computer keyboard.
• Communicate effectively at all times, with customers as well as all levels of employees.
• Effectively and efficiently move around work area.
• Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
• Inspect and maintain areas for which responsible, as well as ability to distinguish between different denominations of currency and make change.
• Twist, lift up to 20 pounds, and push/pull up to 20 pounds in order to clean, create merchandise displays, maintain inventory levels, and perform other job duties.
• Operate in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of crowds and noise, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
Basic math skills and 10-key experience preferred. Verbal communication and customer service skills required. Prior money handling experience helpful. Computer skills helpful, but not required.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through completion of a high school degree or equivalent, as well as through two months of on-the-job training or equivalent experience.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.