The incumbent in this position is responsible for expediting all incoming calls in a timely and accurate manner, monitoring fire alarms, and responding to emergency situations, as well as handling guest messages, wake-up calls, and room service orders.
1. Receive internal and external calls in order to answer questions, direct calls or provide general information.
2. Log and distribute hotel guest, hotel management, and hotel executive’s messages, as well as handling of guest and wake-up calls.
3. Meet department standards regarding dialogue and customer courtesy.
4. Take in room dining orders, follow up with Bellman for delivery and follow up with guest to ensure satisfaction.
Must have ability to:
• Use all equipment associated with the position, including but not limited to computer keyboard, PBX console system, paging system, and two-way radios, and cellular phone equipment.
• Reach equipment and supplies that are located on a raised panel, including the fire panel button, walkie talkie, wake-up clocks, clipboards, etc.
• Use a computer effectively to access, understand, and input customer information.
• Effectively communicate in English with customers and co-works.
• Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
• Operate in a working environment that is sedentary in nature and subject to varying levels of noise.
• Speak English.
Effective written and verbal communication skills required. These skills are typically acquired through two months of on-the-job training. High school diploma or GED required. Prior PBX experience helpful, but not required.