This is a full-time position starting at $12.00 per hour
The incumbent in this position is responsible for protecting company assets and performing surveillance duties to ensure State and Federal gaming laws and policies and procedures are being maintained in games, slots, cashiers, and hard count rooms.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Observe and report any and all gaming violations and/or thefts of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City property and ensure that these are saved to the surveillance network.
- Operate monitor room equipment, including basic computer functions.
- Participate in court actions relating to gaming violations.
- Efficiency in basic strategy and card counting.
- Learn all games in use on property and all procedures and cheating indicators of such games.
- Write proper reports as needed.
- Read and understand Regulation 6 and 6A rules and laws.
- Respond to surveillance supervision and gaming control requests.
- Respond to requests of all other departments when necessary.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Perform work in an honest and trustworthy manner.
- Maintain confidentiality within the set guidelines.
- Perform Player evaluations via computer while furthering knowledge of surveillance operations, when necessary.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and management.
- Work with 1 or 2 people for an 8 hour shift in a surveillance room
- Sit for long periods of time
- Observe and identify suspected cheaters and cheating techniques. Must have 20/20 corrected vision
- Work in close quarters.
- Operate all Surveillance equipment
- Perform basic mathematical, writing and computer functions.
- Be able to multitask
- Answer many phone calls and respod to a high volume of radio traffic.
- Previous casino knowledge especially knowledge of table games is a plus.
- Good dexterity is needed to operate the equipment.
- Independent judgment that is in the best interest of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City. Good communication, report writing and telephone skills.
- Possessing a professional, courteous and investigative attitude.
- Punctuality and showing up when scheduled is a must.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.