The person in this position is responsible for supervising, implementing, and administering corporate image and property identity programs as they relate to advertising, social media, and perception through editorial, media, and community efforts.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.
- Work with graphic designers and Advertising Manager on design projects in both a creative, organized and proofreading capacity for marketing collateral, signage, advertising, etc.
- Work with web agency and assist with updating of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City’s website on a consistent and timely basis
- Build and sustain professional relationships with external vendors
- Assists in the interpretation, development, and supervision of internal communications to ensure that information is consistent with the efforts to promote Hard Rock Hotel Sioux City’s image.
- Collaborate and engage in meetings to discuss agenda with internal teams as well as reoccurring calls/meetings with contracted agencies.
- Coordinates and assists in execution of photo shoots and film shoots on property.
- Work with Advertising Manager on execution of social media strategies through various platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and LinkedIn
- Conceptualize and draft press materials in proper AP format including press releases, media alerts, property listings and comprehensive one-off media kits, when requested.
- Maintain media library including photos and digital content for internal marketing department use, as well as external media usage.
- Remain well-informed of the property’s current news and events as well as market/industry news that may have an impact on property.
- Prepare and manage activity reports and lists.
- Assist in the development and execution of the Marketing budget, ensuring that funds are expended in an effective and efficient manner to generate projected revenues and headcounts for Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City
- Assist with other departmental needs upon request.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to proof and edit publications for which responsible.
- Ability to review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Ability to maintain a positive image for the company.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees as well as outside contacts.
- Experience in planning and hosting on-site and off-site events
- Ability to review and comprehend all necessary documentation
- Able to effectively and efficiently move around work area. Confident and self-aware. Can admit to mistakes and learn from them
- Engaging personality with strong interpersonal skills
- Listening and communication skills
- Proven track record of establishing relationships with professionals within the community
- Ability to work flexible hours, including possible weekends and holidays
- Bachelor's degree in Advertising or related field.
- 1+ years related experience in advertising, communications, event planning, marketing or public relations.
- Strong written and verbal skills essential.
- Knowledge of AP writing techniques.
- Ability to effectively deal with all forms of media.
- Ability to multi-task and stay well organized.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and competitive environment.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management