The incumbent in this position is responsible for the daily operations of the housekeeping
department, which include oversight of personnel, equipment, supplies, and inventory.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are
not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Train, evaluate and supervise staff to ensure that all employees receive proper training
and resources to accomplish established objection.
2. Conduct daily inspections of hotel facilities/guest rooms in order to ensure that
cleanliness standards are met and deficiencies are noted and corrected.
3. Meet and assist guests with questions or problems to resolve situations, ensuring guest
satisfaction while maintaining service within policy guidelines.
4. Develop and monitor daily staffing schedule to ensure adequate staffing for completion
of all work according to established quality levels.
5. Implement and conduct staff training programs to ensure well-trained employee’s in all
areas of cleaning standards and techniques, proper and safe use of machines and
chemicals, and customer services standards.
6. Assist in developing and maintaining Housekeeping Department operating procedures
to ensure effective execution of work.
7. Define facility problems related to structure, equipment, and plumbing, and direct and
schedule the repairs, ensuring that all repairs are reported to facilities department and
completed according to established schedule.
8. Perform scheduled inventory counts of all hard and soft goods to ensure
property inventory level, protection of assets, and facilitation of the ordering process.
9. Updates Manager of Hotel Operations on a weekly basis as to all aspects of operations.
10. Implementing and completing Housekeeping projects as assigned by Hotel Manager.
Must have ability to:
Work in an environment that is subject to varying noise levels, the severity of which
depends upon work volume.
Communicate effectively at all times, with guests as well as all levels of employees.
Observe and direct actions of subordinates.
Inspect rooms and count inventory.
Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
Effectively and efficiently move from floor to floor as needed.
Lift up to 50 pounds
Move up to 50 pounds to be able to perform inspector and utility duties as needed and
perform necessary inventory checks.
Demonstrate knowledge of housekeeping policies and procedures. Effective communication
skills. Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook), previous experience with a property
management system (Micros Opera). Proven leadership and mentoring skills. These skills and
abilities are typically acquired through an Associate’s Degree and 1 year related experience.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following
responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in
gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating
to the employee’s department.
Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.