This position is responsible for the efficient handling of the Human Resources Front Counter as well as Team Member information. Provides administrative/clerical support for HR Team. Assists with the monitoring of proper compliance requirements for gaming related certification. Independently assesses potential problems or issues that require immediate attention.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are
not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Answer phones, schedule appointments, receive and direct visitors, prepare confidential correspondence, sort incoming and outgoing mail, create spreadsheets, create/run reports and maintain classified documents to ensure effective preparation of materials.
- Review incoming documents for adherence to established procedures/policies, including completeness of information and appropriate signatures.
- Compose emails, letters and memos as needed.
- Direct inquiries and complaints to the appropriate person, evaluate situations and make decisions while providing customer service and problem solving for Team Members; assist in resolution of questions or complaints.
- Responsible for maintaining an appropriate supply inventory as well as ordering and receiving all supplies for the HR department.
- Has a pleasant, patient and friendly attitude; willing to go the extra mile to assist all Team Members.
- Using an applicant tracking system, assist in pre-employment screening, applicant assessments, interview scheduling and communication and employment verifications; may assist with interviewing at times.
- Assist in the maintenance, auditing, organization, filing of Team Member personnel files.
- Perform HRIS data entry and assures accuracy; performs audits as needed.
- Assist in the employee onboarding and offboarding process as requested.
- Assist Team Members with interpretation of company policies/procedures and practices.
- Flexible. Able to manage multiple simultaneous tasks and switch directions as priorities change.
- Assist in preparation of orientation, benefits and/or training documentation.
- Able to effectively work and participate in a team environment but must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Perform tasks and other HR and administrative projects as assigned; assist HR with Team projects. May research files for difficult-to-find data.
- Must be physically present at work, in assigned work station, in order to perform all functions required of the position.
- Must be able to conduct independent research to resolve problems, exercise critical thinking skills and independent judgment/decision making in accordance with the policies, procedures and practices of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
- Must have strong decision making ability.
- Must be able to use all required office equipment such as fax, copier, multi-line phone, voicemail and postage machine in an effective and efficient manner.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are a must. Must be able to communicate professionally, politely and effectively with all levels of management, team members and external contacts.
- Type 60 W.P.M.
- Must maintain Team Member confidence by keeping Human Resources information confidential at all times.
- Must have a high level of competency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word,
- Outlook, PowerPoint and Access.
- Ability to be organized, flexible and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous Applicant Tracking System experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of employment practices and EEOC laws helpful.
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Ability to deal with and handle complex and emotional issues with discretion and tact.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a high school degree
or equivalent, as well as two years’ experience in an employment, personnel or human resources capacity.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management