This is a full-time position starting at $16.00 per hour
The incumbent in this position is responsible for preparing and presenting all food items as called for by the menu, and for assisting the Lead Line Cook in the efficient operations of the kitchen.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Assist all stations and respective lines as necessary.
2. Ensure that items are fully stocked and equipment is in good working condition.
3. Ensure the proper storing of any leftover foods.
4. Ensure the proper closing down of work stations.
5. Communicate effectively with "Front of the House" staff.
Must have ability to:
• Operate in a working environment that is subjected to varying levels of heat and noise, the severity of which depends upon customer volume. At times subjected to hazards such as wet floors and dangers associated with the use of heavy duty cutlery and cooking equipment.
• Inspect and maintain all areas for which responsible.
• Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
• Use all equipment associated with the position, including but not limited to choppers, slicers, mixers, and grinders.
• Effectively and efficiently move around work area.
• Lift up to 50 pounds throughout an 8 hour shift.
• Prepare all varieties of meat including veal, pork, beef, lamb, poultry, game and seafood.
Knowledge of and ability to prepare stocks, soups and mother sauces.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through five years of progressive cooking experience, with a minimum of three years’ experience in a dinner house, and/or through the
completion of a culinary arts degree or recognized apprenticeship and 1 year dinner house cooking experience.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.