The incumbent in this position is responsible for directing all aspects of accounting for the Hard
Rock Hotel & Casino in accordance with corporate policy and Iowa State Regulations; responsible
for supporting the achievement of revenue and income objectives, market share and customer
service objectives; establishes departmental policies and procedures; develops and monitors all
departmental budgets to ensure their profitable operation.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and
are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Hire, retain, motivate, evaluate and directs general and administrative staff, ensuring employees
receive adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established objectives.
2. Review activities in the general and administrative areas, in order to gauge and improve staffing
levels, working conditions and other matters which influence quality guest service and
3. Establish department standards, guidelines and objectives and maintains other administrative
processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of
4. Monitor and evaluates all reporting departments in order to ensure the proper planning for short
and long-term strategies.
5. Review strengths and weaknesses of all general and administrative functions, in order to most
effectively implement changes to improve operations and most efficiently allocate resources.
6. Analyze daily cash flow, forecasts sources and uses of cash, and initiates cash management
activities to position property in advantageous financial position.
7. Review cash disbursements to ensure propriety, reasonableness, and compliance with
established procedures, and releases disbursements or investigates and resolves discrepancies.
8. Manage the preparation of and reviews financial reports to ensure reasonableness and
completeness, and releases reports or directs revision of reports.
9. Review and interpret unusual transactions or unexpected financial results to determine the
appropriate accounting treatment.
10. Conduct him/her in a professional, courteous and responsive manner, which reflects positively on
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
Must have ability to:
Thorough knowledge of all accounting procedures and regulations as they apply to the state and
the gaming industry. Understanding of corporate and property-specific policies and procedures.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in
accounting or closely related field, in addition to a minimum of seven years progressive
experience in all aspects of accounting. Previous managerial experience preferred.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES