The incumbent in this position is responsible for daily supervision of the food and beverage operation, including casino and restaurant bars, service bars, and cocktail service to ensure exceptional guest service and the achievement of customer service goals. Responsible for daily supervision of assigned Food & Beverage Team Members for the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.
1. Hire, train and motivate team members.
2. Monitor daily scheduling process to ensure appropriate staffing levels to maintain customer service levels and profit goals.
3. Ensure team members are adequately trained in all alcohol and tobacco sales.
4. Provide training to team members regarding responsible alcohol service, as well as providing exceptional guest service at all times.
5. Provide training to team members in proper food handling techniques, as well as food safety.
6. Evaluate performance of team members. Provide coaching and feedback to ensure performance and guest standards are being met.
7. Advise organization in beverage-related issues, such as the planning of special events, in order to provide the expertise needed for successful implementation of plans.
Must have ability to:
• Operate in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of crowds, noise and smoke, the severity of which depends on customer volume.
• Observe and direct actions of subordinates.
• Effectively communicate with all levels of employees as well as customers. Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
Knowledge of gaming industry and strong public relations skills required. Knowledge of and experience with beverage operations in a multi-outlet or casino environment. These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a high school degree or equivalent, with business related college courses preferred, as well as through five years of beverage operations background in a multi-outlet or casino environment with at least three years in a supervisory capacity preferred.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management