This is a regular part-time position starting at $10.50 per hour
The incumbent in this position is responsible for maintaining specified standards of cleanliness throughout the hotel guest room areas, as directed.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Clean hotel rooms, hallways, linen rooms, employee and storage areas in the hotel, as directed.
2. Maintain and clean all equipment used throughout the course of a shift, as directed.
3. Maintain proper documentation of all duties accomplished during a working shift, as directed.
4. Report all safety hazards or maintenance deficiencies for proper handling to Executive Housekeeper.
5. Abide by all security measures.
6. Greet all guests throughout shift with the proper salutation and pleasant expression.
7. Perform all duties in a quiet and orderly manner.
Must have ability to:
• Communicate with hotel guests, e.g., announcing arrival at door, and comprehending special requests from guests.
• Inspect and maintain areas for which responsible.
• Use the equipment associated with the position, including but not limited to vacuum, cleaning supplies, and safety equipment.
• Effectively and efficiently move around work area.
• Role is physical in nature and requires complete physical mobility in order to effectively and efficiently move around work area.
• Clean as directed at an acceptable performance rate.
• Minimally communicate and understand, in English, matters of mutual concern such as
directions, hazards, or questions.
• Have at least 6 months of previous experience as a guest room attendant in a resort or similar setting.
• Lift and move up to 30 pounds of supplies.
• Operate in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of noise. Incumbents are at times subjected to hazards such as chemicals; proper safety precautions are followed.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through two months of on-the-job training.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.