Responsible for food preparation, team member training, and food handling safety. Responsible for supervising Sous Chefs and Lead Line Cooks on a daily basis, and monitoring food quality at all times.
1. Creates and updates menus to maximize profits and minimize loss.
2. Tests and develops recipes.
3. Monitors customer satisfaction.
4. Maintains inventory of kitchen supplies and food.
5. Ensures that food and facilities meet all governmental regulations.
6. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
7. Leads and directs the work of others.
8. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Must have ability to:
• Operate in a working environment that is subjected to varying levels of heat and noise, the severity of which depends upon customer volume. At times subjected to hazards such as wet floors and dangers associated with the use of heavy duty cutlery and cooking equipment.
• Inspect and maintain all areas for which responsible.
• Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
• Use all equipment associated with the position, including but not limited to choppers, slicers, mixers, and grinders.
• Effectively and efficiently move around work area.
• Lift up to 50 pounds throughout an 8 hour shift.
• Prepare all varieties of meat including veal, pork, beef, lamb, poultry, game and seafood.
Must have own tools. Knowledge of and ability to prepare stocks, soups and mother sauces.
Complete understanding of all operations of the kitchen, kitchen equipment and sanitation. Demonstrated organizational skills, budgeting experience, and full understanding of financial reports. Previous supervisory experience. These skills and abilities are typically acquired through a minimum of ten years progressive experience in a multi-outlet operation, or through completion of culinary arts degree or recognized apprenticeship and 6 years progressive experience in a multi-outlet operation.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Have knowledge of the Property’s programs to address problem gambling.
• Consults with the appropriate individuals and maintains and effective system of written policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with Iowa Gaming Regulations and Internal Controls.
• Takes the appropriate steps to investigate exceptions, fraud, and potential violations and report such instances to the appropriate levels of management.
• Reports any acts of wrongdoing on behalf of any staff member that they have knowledge of.