This is a regular part-time position.
PC Tech performs assigned duties in the IT Department including but not limited to PC’s, Software, Property AV Systems, etc. Handles help desk requests and assists users.
• Setup and prepare computer equipment for operation, in accordance with Information System policies and user needs.
• Perform preventative maintenance procedures on all computer equipment on a scheduled basis.
• Perform basic troubleshooting of hardware and software on all systems. Utilizes contracted vendor for assistance as needed in the troubleshooting process.
• Assist users with problems encountered while using systems and escalates problems as appropriate.
• Any other functions related to role and deemed necessary by management.
• Must provide courteous and friendly service to all staff and guests.
• Perform related work as requested.
• Utilizes the departmental problem management tool and maintains detailed logs of problem/resolution activities.
• Verifies daily outstanding customer issues until completion of the customer requests.
• Maintains the security and integrity of computers and proprietary materials.
• Utilizes rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Probes all possible sources for answers.
• Notifies manager immediately of security breaches.
Good organizational skills. Excellent communication skills. Knowledge of computer room operations and production. Familiarity with various PC hardware and software platforms. Good technical and communication skills. Ability to present self in a professional, pleasant, confident and well-groomed manner. Ability to perform basic math. Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports and responding to correspondence. Ability to work with the public and diverse departments and vendors. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff. Full knowledge and understanding of company and departmental rules
and regulations, policies and procedures. Ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English. Knowledge of Microsoft Desktop O/S, Office, anti-virus.
Must have ability to:
• Operate in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of noise and vibration. Persons in this position are at times subjected to hazards such as paper dust.
• Assimilate information and clearly communicate with users, management staff and outside sources of information.
• Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
• Work physical in nature and requires physical mobility including but not limited to balancing, bending, carrying, climbing, crawling and reaching. These actions are required in order to install and replace terminals and printers.
• Perform work on-property during and outside of regularly scheduled shifts as business and departmental situations dictate.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Have knowledge of the Property’s programs to address problem gambling.
• Consults with the appropriate individuals and maintains and effective system of written policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with Iowa Gaming Regulations and Internal Controls.
• Takes the appropriate steps to investigate exceptions, fraud, and potential violations and report such instances to the appropriate levels of management.
• Reports any acts of wrongdoing on behalf of any staff member that they have knowledge of.