The incumbent in this position is responsible for the overall cleaning operation of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City public areas and outside grounds to ensure that facilities are maintained according to established standards and regulatory requirements.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Hire, train, motivate, evaluate and manage staff to ensure employees receive adequate guidance and resources to achieve established objectives.
2. Establish, implement, and monitor department objectives, standards, guidelines, budget, and other administrative processes to achieve proper management of department.
3. Conduct periodic inspections of facility in order to ensure that cleanliness standards are met and deficiencies are noted and corrected.
4. Responsible for formulating, reviewing and monitoring the Hazard Communication Standard 1910-1200, including education, training and compliance with the regulatory statute; maintains an updated inventory of all MSDS records.
5. Responsible for formulating, reviewing and monitoring the Bloodborne Pathogen Standard 1910-1030, including education, training and compliance with the regulatory statute; including disposal procedures.
6. Meets with vendors to research new cleaning products in order to make determinations as to the best product available within budgetary restrictions, as well as stays informed of new products within the market. Maintains inventory and ordering.
7. Research and create new and improved procedures by shopping local hotels & casinos for standards and aesthetics which would enhance upon the current operation.
Must have ability to:
• Communicate effectively at all times, with customers as well as all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Accurately review the performance of subordinates and all necessary departmental documentation.
• Effectively and efficiently move around work area.
• Climb ladders and move about in tight spaces so as to be able to make various inspections.
• Spend time on the casino floor and is subject to varying levels of crowds, noise levels, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA (title 29) and EPA (title 40) regulations as specifically noted: Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, Superfund Amendment Reauthorization Act, Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Hazard Communication Standard and Bloodborne Pathogen Standard. Understanding of cleaning procedures and products. Knowledge of general maintenance and janitorial methods. The skills necessary of this position are typically acquired through a high school education or equivalent and 5 years related experience; or a college degree in Environmental Management or closely related field and 2 years related experience.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Have knowledge of the Property’s programs to address problem gambling.
• Consults with the appropriate individuals and maintains and effective system of written policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with Iowa Gaming Regulations and Internal Controls.
• Takes the appropriate steps to investigate exceptions, fraud, and potential violations and report such instances to the appropriate levels of management.
• Reports any acts of wrongdoing on behalf of any staff member that they have knowledge of.