This is a full-time position starting at $12.50 per hour
The incumbent in this position is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and appropriateness of transactions conducted for guests and team members in compliance with the Iowa Racing & Gaming Commission regulations, company standard operating procedures and internal controls. Promoting the Backstage Pass Card sign up and usage in a pleasant, efficient, and honest manner.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Maintain accountability over a cashier drawer.
- Ensures accurate recording and documentation of all transactions affecting the cage accountability on an assigned shift.
- Cash checks, cashier checks, slot redemption tickets, chips and exchange currency and coins for customers and Team Members.
- Processes transactions related to Table Games and Slot activity.
- Prepares daily bank deposits.
- Issues cash bags to non-gaming departments.
- Maintains cash and accountability of Kiosk cash systems.
- Perform all duties in a confidential manner.
- Is knowledgeable and adheres to Title 31 compliance standards.
- Encourage customers to use the Backstage Pass, which entails explaining how to use the card as well as the advantages of its use.
- Effectively explain complimentary structure of Backstage Pass and how to qualify for different levels of complimentary.
- Maintain database of Backstage Pass program.
- Help communicate all Backstage Pass promotions as well as slot tournaments.
- Assist the Casino Host with guests and special events, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Subject to varying levels of crowds, noise levels, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
- Bend, squat, reach and twist throughout specified shift.
- Remain standing for majority of shift and to move around casino cage in an efficient manner.
- Push/pull a drop cart as needed.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINES USED
- Adding machines, currency counters, Jetsort, personal computer and coin roller.
- Experience with cash handling.
- Experience in a customer service capacity.
- Knowledge of casino cage operations is helpful but not required.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Thorough knowledge of gaming control regulations. This knowledge is typically acquired through a minimum of six months cashiering or banking experience.
- Communicate clearly and effectively orally and in written form with guests and team members.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Team Member’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.