The person in this position is responsible for supervising, implementing, and administering the social media efforts for the property under the direction of the Advertising Manager.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Work with graphic designers and Advertising Manager to develop and execute social media strategies for Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City and its many outlets.
- Write original copy for social media content.
- Manage scheduling posts to social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Snapchat.
- Respond to customer reviews and engage with guests on all social media platforms.
- Maintain and produce media library including photos and digital content for social media use.
- Collaborate with other teams such as Food & Beverage, Hotel, Entertainment to create exciting content for social media platforms.
- Remain well-informed of the property's current news and events as well as market/industry news that may have an impact on the property.
- Assist in creating activity reports for social media metrics.
- Stay up-to-date on trends in social media to position Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City as a leader in the social media landscape.
- Assist in the development and execution of the Marketing budget, ensuring that funds are expended in an effective and efficient manner to generate projected revenues and headcounts for Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Strong copywriting skills
- Ability to proofread and edit content for which you are responsible
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and between departments
- Ability to maintain a positive image for the company and maintain brand standards
- Ability to effectively and efficiently move around work area.
- Ability to navigate and use computers, the Internet, and the primary social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat)
- Engaging personality and strong interpersonal skills
- Creative thinker who likes to come up with new ideas.
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and stay well organized.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and competitive environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Public Relations, Mass Communications, Advertising or relevant field.
- 2+ years related experience using social media in a business environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Proven track record of providing great customer service a plus.
- Graphic Design experiences a plus.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Ability to obtain an Iowa Racing & Gaming Commission license. Arranged for by employer upon offer of employment.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consults with the appropriate individuals and maintains and effective system of written policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with the Iowa Gaming Regulations and Internal Controls.