This is a seasonal on-call position starting at $10.00 per hour
The incumbent in this position is responsible for greeting guests, arranging for prompt seating, and for ensuring guests feel welcome and comfortable. As a cashier, the primary duties are to greet guests, confirm order, enter amount of purchase at the Point of Sale, and ensure Host arranges prompt seating arrangements.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Provide information on all aspects of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City services and facilities for guests.
2. Greet guests and arranges for seating; monitors room atmosphere.
3. Quote accurate waiting times and handles guest waiting lists or reservations in accordance with established procedures.
4. Ring up sale at the register, and provide total amount of purchase to the guest. Ensure receipt is given for each sale made.
5. Answer phones according to established procedures.
6. Communicate with co-workers and supervisor to ensure quality service.
Must have ability to:
• Communicate effectively with customers as well as co-workers.
• Document and comprehend reservations.
• Stand throughout an eight hour shift.
• Move effectively and efficiently throughout the restaurant.
• Lift up to 10 pounds so as to carry stacks of menus or help to bus tables as necessary.
• Operate a cash register, utilizing the micros card system.
• Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of smoke, noise and crowds the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
• Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers.
The skills and abilities necessary for effective performance within this position are typically acquired through one year customer service experience. Prior restaurant experience is helpful.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations. Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.