This is a seasonal on-call position starting at $9.07 per hour plus tips
The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing bar supplies as needed and maintaining a clean, well-organized work area.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Set up bars for operation; cuts fruit; stocks ice; empties garbage.
2. Support bartenders' needs and maintains the bar stock.
3. Report any maintenance problems to Beverage Shift Supervisor.
4. Work in assigned location and shift according to department needs.
5. Maintain par levels and orders bar supplies; delivers orders.
6. Sort bottles and corrugated cardboard for recycling.
7. Maintain bar cleanliness in accordance with health department standards.
8. Assist cocktail servers with clearing glassware and clutter from tables.
Must have ability to:
• Work in environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume. Incumbents are at times subjected to hazards such as so-mat vapors.
• Communicate effectively at all times with all levels of employees.
• Inspect and maintain areas for which responsible.
• Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
• Use the equipment associated with the position, including but not limited to lifting up to 50 pounds of ice, garbage or bar supplies, lifting kegs weighing approximately 200 pounds, and moving carts weighing in excess of 400 pounds throughout shift.
Must be 21 years of age. Prior food and beverage background helpful, but not required.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through two months of on-the-job training or through related experience.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management