This is a seasonal on-call position starting at $9.07 per hour
The Usher is an integral part of the overall appeal and success of The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City to the public. As a front line ambassador to our guests, a positive attitude and image are very important. The primary responsibility of this position is to maintain order during events so that everyone in attendance may enjoy the event. Ushers must be friendly and courteous at all times, yet firm when problems arise.
All duties are performed in accordance with departmental and Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City’s policies, practices and procedures.
GENERAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Enter the facility through the employee entrance, clock in, report to supervisor in the check in room, find work station and be aware of when and where the briefing meeting will be held.
2. Be dressed in the assigned uniform. Appearance should be neat.
3. Always wear name tag with you when working an event
4. Be at your assigned area at least 15 minutes prior to doors opening to the public
5. Be knowledgeable of venue layout.
6. Always be aware of your customer relations skills. Make your job come alive by communicating with our guests in a pleasant and efficient manner.
7. Assist guests with their ticket locations, keep guests in ticketed areas only, be familiar with all passes and credentials, remain in assigned areas and keep aisle and walk ways clear at all times.
8. Any attempt to let friends enter events illegally is cause for immediate termination.
9. Alcohol or drug use during or before an event is cause for immediate termination.
10. Do not eat or drink in your assigned area. Breaks should be limited to 10 minutes and should be taken out of public view.
11. Soliciting autographs is prohibited
12. Dancing during an event is prohibited
13. Flirting with customers or fellow workers is prohibited.
14. Do not mingle with staff during and event.
15. If an uncontrollable situation arises, contact a supervisor, security and/or medical staff immediately.
16. Remain in assigned areas until dismissed by Supervisor
Greet guests as they arrive at venue
Scan and confirm tickets are legit
Provide directional information to guests
Conduct visual bottle search
The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Must possess the ability to access all areas of the facility. Climb stairs to move around the venue. Hear within a normal range and among distracting high noise levels. Withstand various activities, such as prolonged standing, walking, stretching, bending, reaching, kneeling, etc. Must maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure and deal effectively with guests both sober and intoxicated, fellow workers and management. Must effectively listen and verbally communicate in person. Must maintain a neat, well-groomed appearance. See with correctable vision to 20/20 in various lighting conditions.
Work in a fast-paced, busy, noisy environment with constant dirt and dust. Must have the ability to work indoors and outdoors with frequent cold and warm temperatures.
Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively listen and verbally communicate in English with guests, promoter representatives, supervisors and fellow workers.
Must possess reading, writing and mathematical skills in order to perform the above listed functions. Ability to maintain a friendly, courteous and polite demeanor.
Working knowledge of Fire Safety codes as well as ADA requirements.