This is an on-call seasonal position starting at $11.00 per hour
The incumbent in this position is responsible for maintaining crowd and access control, which includes assisting guests/customers and employees as needed and maintaining order.
1. Maintain order on Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City property during scheduled shift.
2. Assist sick or injured patrons and employees; performs CPR as necessary.
3. Report unsafe or hazardous conditions.
4. Assist patrons and employees on directions and proper procedures.
5. Check identification of all persons that appear to be under 30 years of age or younger.
Must have ability to:
• Will spend time outdoors during events, as well as on the casino floor, as events occur. Position is subject to varying levels of crowds, noise levels and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
• Communicate effectively at all times, with customers as well as all levels of employees.
• Read and write legible reports.
• Identify and quickly respond to potential problems and conflicts and defend self and others in combative situations.
• Work in varying weather conditions, proper clothing provided.
Must have effective communication skills. Must be bondable with no felony convictions.
Must be able to write clear, accurate and concise reports.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.