This is a full-time position starting at $15.00 per hour.
The incumbent in this position will be experienced in handling a wide range of executive support related tasks. Must have the ability to work well in a fast paced & sometimes pressured environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Must exhibit expert level written and verbal skills.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Answering phones, scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements, receiving visitors, preparing confidential correspondence, sorting mail, creating spreadsheets, creating/running reports and maintaining classified documents to ensure effective preparation of materials.
2. Compose emails, letters and memos as needed.
3. Direct inquiries and complaints directed to the appropriate area, evaluate situations and make decisions within established guidelines and/or obtain proper authorization for responses and solutions.
4. Responsible for maintaining an appropriate level supply inventory as well as ordering and receiving all supplies for the department.
5. Other duties as assigned
Must have ability to:
• Must be able to conduct independent research to resolve problems, exercise critical thinking skills and independent judgment/decision making in accordance with the policies, procedures and practices of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
• Must have strong decision making ability.
• Use all required office equipment in an effective and efficient manner.
• Review and route all necessary documentation, type and review correspondence, ensure accuracy of correspondence, etc.
• Communicate professionally, politely and effectively with all levels of management, team members, as well as all external contacts.
• Type 60 W.P.M.
• Must ensure confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
• Must have a high level of competency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a high school degree or equivalent, as well as through a minimum of five years of experience in an executive administrative capacity.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
• Ability to obtain an Iowa Racing Gaming Commission (IRGC) license, arranged for by employer upon offer of employment.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management