POSITION: Manager of Hotel Operations/Hotel Manager
PROPERTY: Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
The Manager of Hotel Operations is responsible for directing, coordinating, and overseeing the activities of Front Desk, Reservations, Guest Services, Retail, and PBX.
- To lead, hire, train, motivate, evaluate, and manage the Hotel Operations Team to balance the objectives of a high satisfactory work environment for the team, a superior guest experience and achievement of financial objectives.
- Manage and coordinate the operation of the Front Desk, Reservations, Guest Services, Retail, PBX departments to challenge the status quo, deliver operating efficiency and positively impact the guest experience and satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain effective departmental procedures; recommends changes in procedures, equipment and physical layout to ensure maximum service, efficiency and security of company funds in all departments referenced above.
- Be a the Hotel liaison for Sales, Food & Beverage and Security in efforts to promote and execute group business, special events and promotions to ensure the Hotel Division is prepared and delivering on service commitments.
- Assist with preparation of annual departmental budget and operating forecasts; maintains necessary records and files; recommends changes in room rates as required.
- Research and resolve guest challenges to ensure satisfaction and evaluate operations for improvement.
- Possess a financial acumen to review daily operating costs.
- Responsible for the overall operations of the retail department including inventory, staffing, budgeting, and guest experience.
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively with customers as well as all levels of employees.
- Use a 10-key, computer.
- Review reports and observe activities subordinates.
- Work in varying levels of crowds, noise and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
- Move effectively and efficiently around the hotel.
Demonstrate knowledge and experience in overall hotel operations. Knowledge of hotel front desk operations. Knowledge of Opera hotel computer systems, telephone systems, and effective communications techniques. Knowledge of statistics. Knowledge in forecasting and budgeting.
These skills are typically acquired through a minimum of 4 years successful experience in hotel operations. A bachelor’s degree in Hotel, Business, or Institutional Management or related area is preferred.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Have knowledge of the Property’s programs to address problem gambling.
- Consults with the appropriate individuals and maintains and effective system of written policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with Iowa Gaming Regulations and Internal Controls.
- Takes the appropriate steps to investigate exceptions, fraud, and potential violations and report such instances to the appropriate levels of management.
- Reports any acts of wrongdoing on behalf of any staff member that they have knowledge of.