The incumbent in this position is responsible for the daily Title 31 audit process to promote compliance with the Title 31 requirements including the prevention and detection of money laundering. This includes but is not limited to ensuring all appropriate and required documentation is received and reviewed; recognizing patterns and communicating the information to management; identifying potential violations of Title 31; compiling reports for accurate and timely filing; and performing diverse duties and ad-hoc projects to support the AML program. All duties are performed in accordance with Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City policies, practices and procedures.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Perform Title 31 Audit; ensuring all documentation is received and reviewed with exceptions noted.
- Compile filing of Currency Transaction Reporting and ensure accurate and timely filing.
- Preparation and research of suspicious activity reporting, presenting to the SAR Committee and filing of SARs as required.
- Training of team members in Title 31 compliance as related to the property and their job classification.
- Communicate effectively and diplomatically with all levels of staff and management across different divisions and departments.
- Adapt quickly and effectively to procedural changes.
- Promote department initiatives, teamwork and sharing of information.
- Ability to work autonomously and interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to perform duties assessing problems, challenges and solutions under minimal supervision.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority tasks with a keen attention to detail for all tasks assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
Must have ability to:
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of team members as well as outside contacts.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
Working knowledge of casino related compliance regulations and requirements under Title 31. Effective oral and written communication skills. Personal computer skills. Ability to follow directions with minimal supervisor. Must have the highest level of professional ethics and integrity within a team setting. These skills are typically acquired through the completion of a high school education and 3 years casino related and/or audit experience.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Ability to obtain Iowa Racing & Gaming Commission license arranged for by employer upon offer of employment.
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management