The incumbent in this position is responsible for managing Entertainment at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City including supervision of personnel (if applicable).
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive.)
1. Train, motivate and schedule employees as necessary to ensure proper staffing and that employees receive adequate guidance and resources to accomplish their job responsibilities according to established objectives, focusing on music, memorabilia, company culture, and the spirit of Rock ‘n Roll.
2. Perform all hotel and casino ticketing functions and oversee all aspects of event creation, inventory control, and ticket hold management on behalf of the hotel’s executive offices, casino marketing, and hotel marketing
3. Complete all internal and local grassroots marketing and promotions, including guest, employee and executive event awareness through internal information distribution and promotional material placement
4. Establishing and maintaining promotional relationships with local record, music, and lifestyle stores involving promotional material placement and distribution
5. Act as the onsite artist liaison, primary onsite hotel and promoter representative regarding all artist, artist agent and management interactions, including rooming accommodations, event management, ticketing, contractual issues, and local travel and entertainment
6. Complete tracking, analyzing, and reporting detailed event statistics and forecasting and updating all event-related financials through the entertainment checkbook, including presenting and analyzing the property-wide financial impact of concert events
7. Advising promoter and hotel executives on artist selection & fees, ticket scaling, marketing strategies, and event logistics
8. Maintaining the musical integrity of the venue and property to protect the Hard Rock brand and ensure brand and initiatives are implemented.
9. Build business/market share by utilizing brand amenity programs to leverage as Hard Rock's differentiator in the hospitality space.
10. Organize and manage local events to showcase the property and brand while demonstrating music industry connection.
11. Research up-and-coming artist by investigating and reporting on potential up-and-coming artists to consider booking in an effort to achieve a venue reputation for acknowledging and developing non-mainstream artists.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Ability to communicate with and understand technical terminology used by entertainment contract writers. Ability to delegate work assignments to various crew members including sound, lighting, stage and wardrobe. Ability to work closely with entertainers and ensure that all needs are met.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s with a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in an entertainment related field, or through the completion of a high school degree or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years related experience.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
Reports any acts of wrongdoing on behalf of any staff member that they have knowledge of.