The incumbent in this position is responsible for ensuring the steam tables are stocked with fresh food and that food that is no longer appealing is removed in a timely manner.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Clean and reset the steam tables in accordance with established procedures and sanitation guidelines.
- Ensure that items are fully stocked, and equipment is in good working condition.
- Perform customer service duties as assigned (such as beverage and plate service).
- Ensure the proper closing down of work stations.
- Perform various stock supply duties to maintain par levels of all equipment and dining supplies.
Must have ability to:
- Work in environment that is subject to varying levels of crowds, noise and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
- Communicate and understand directions in English.
- Inspect and maintain areas for which responsible.
- Effectively and efficiently move around dining room area.
- Carry trays, retrieve supplies, lift racks of dishes and glasses weighing up to 50 pounds, and move carts weighing up to 50 pounds.
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service; To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must be able to cook, follow directions, read and follow recipes as directed by the chef. Keep work area clean; Work as a team with fellow employees.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management