POSITION: Revenue Auditors
PROPERTY: Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City
DEPARTMENT: Revenue Audit
REPORTS TO: Revenue Audit Supervisor
The incumbent in this position is responsible for reviewing and auditing source data to provide accurate and timely entry to accounting systems and sub-systems.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Audit all gaming and non-gaming areas according to established procedures and gaming regulations as well as facilitates timely and accurate recordings.
2. Communicate with company personnel to ensure that all documentation is accurate and complete.
3. Review system documents for accuracy and completeness.
4. Communicate with all departments of any discrepancies via exceptions.
5. Maintain support documentation for further review.
6. Notify immediate supervisor of any potential discrepancies and assists with research and resolution of problems.
Must have ability to:
• Use a computer keyboard, 10-key and calculator.
• Communicate effectively with co-workers and management.
• Accurately review and audit relevant information.
• Solve mathematically oriented problems
Demonstrated proficiency with adding machine and computer input terminal. Accounting and clerical background helpful. Gaming knowledge helpful. This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through high school level courses in accounting principles, and/or through related work experience or six months of on the job training.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
• Ability to obtain an Iowa Racing Gaming Commission (IRGC) license, arranged for by employer upon offer of employment.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management